Terms & Conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Closeout Kitchens prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States.
- We reserve the right to change pricing without notice. All prices are listed in US dollars.
5 Year Warranty
- Closeout Kitchens warrants the original purchasing consumer that all cabinets are free from defects in material or workmanship.
- This warranty covers the original purchaser for up to 5 years from the date of purchase.
- The warranty covers replacements parts for defective products only. It does not cover any type of labor costs. Replacement parts are subject to availability and due to product changes over time it is possible that the replacements could vary from the parts originally supplied. Every effort possible will be made to make sure that the best option for replacement is made available.
- The warranty is non-transferrable.
- The warranty does not cover damage resulting from the following:
- Normal wear and tear
- Alteration or modification
- Improper assembly or installation
- Extreme temperature changes
- Fire, water or other catastrophe
- Acts of God
- Improper maintenance
- Use of harsh or abrasive chemicals
- Abnormal humidity
- Abnormal dry conditions
- Abnormal exposure to sunlight
EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROVIDED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE SHORTER OF THE PERIOD PROVIDED BY LAW OR THE PERIOD OF THIS WARRANTY, AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL CLOSEOUTKITCHENS.COM BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCT. THE EXPRESS WARRANTY ABOVE CONSTITUTES THE ENTIRE WARRANTY AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHERS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, therefore, the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
If you are unsatisfied with the product in any way we do accept returns under the following guidelines:
- All returns will need to be authorized by Closeout Kitchens prior to return shipment. For authorization please send an email request firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Returns must be received within 45 days from date of purchase.
- All items returned in original, unopened packaging will incur an 25% restocking fee upon return receipt.
- Once a cabinet has been assembled it is no longer eligible to be returned.
- The customer is responsible for setting up all return shipments.
- Any returned product, which is deemed un-sellable, would not receive credit.
- When the returned item(s) are received, the value of the returned items minus applicable restocking fees and shipping fees will be credited back as soon as our Returns Department has completed processing (usually within 2 weeks). If the original shipment received free shipping the credit will be issued minus the actual shipping charges paid by Closeout Kitchens.
Mistake With Order
If there is a mistake with your order please send an email email@example.com
that includes your order number, buyer’s name, shipping address and a brief description of the mistake. We will respond with a confirmation email and we will proceed to remedy the error as soon as possible.
Damage To Order
If there is any damage upon delivery notify the delivery driver of the damage and request that he/she makes a note of the damage on the bill of lading. All damaged items will need to be accepted by the customer. Please do not reject any items.
A damage claim will need to be filed before replacements will be shipped. To file a damage claim please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes your order number, buyer’s name, shipping address and a brief description of damage, This description must include the item numbers and the parts needing replaced. It is highly recommended to send images of the damage along with the email to better ensure the correct replacement parts are shipped. Upon receipt of the damage claim email we will send a confirmation email and then proceed to ship replacements/parts as soon as possible. Expedited shipping service is not available for replacements and/or parts. We cannot be held responsible for any labor costs accrued during the installation of products sold via any of its channels of distribution. This includes, but is not limited to, items that may be flawed or have become damaged in transit.
For distributors and other stocking customers, missing parts claims must be made from one (1) month of product receipt by end user.
Proof of purchase from Distributor or customer to end user required.
Notes: This policy does not cover freight damages or shortages due to shipping of product. Customer must receive product in accordance with our shipping and receiving policy, and may be required to submit information verifying the claim. These policies are set by our freight carriers, so failure to comply will result in loss of compensation for the customer.
Large cabinet orders:
Full Cabinet orders or single pieces larger than 48”: The cabinets are packaged unassembled in individual boxes and placed onto a shrink wrapped pallet. The cabinets will be shipped via common carrier (Yellow/Roadway, R&L, USF, etc.) using the most efficient provider based both on estimated time and price. The cabinets can be shipped to businesses with or without a loading dock, residences, and construction sites. A person will need to be on site to inspect and sign for the shipment. Most carriers will request a 3-4 hour window for delivery. A lift-gate is included on all residential deliveries and available for commercial deliveries if needed. The driver is only responsible for placing the pallet onto the ground on residential deliveries or commercial deliveries without a dock or forklift. All destinations must be tractor trailer accessible. Shipping and handling charges cover one delivery attempt to customer. In the event that due to customer unavailability or other customer circumstance, an order is not deliverable, the customer will be responsible for additional shipping and handling. If there are any problems concerning the delivery please contact us as soon as possible. All shipments should be thoroughly inspected for damage by the buyer or the buyer's designated recipient before the shipment is accepted. The buyer is responsible for all damage that occurs following receipt of the shipment.
Product Receiving Instructions:
- Please inspect the shipment immediately upon receipt.
- Please sign for piece count as well as pallet count.
- The freight carrier has acknowledged the receipt of this shipment from our facilities in good condition. By your acceptance of the shipment from the carrier on the bill of lading, you acknowledge that the product has been delivered in good condition. Closeout Kitchens cannot be responsible for loss or damage if you give the carrier a clean and clear receipt.
- If any shortages or damages are discovered upon delivery, make a notation for damage and/or shortage on the bill of lading with a representative from the carrier present before accepting the order.
Freight Claims Instructions:
Unconcealed damage and/or shortage: Claims can be made only when it is indicated on the Bill of Lading at the time of delivery. The claim must then be reported by email to email@example.com sending info regarding the pieces damaged and pictures showing the damage. No claims will be allowed without the proper paperwork signed by the Customer and the Transportation Company.
Concealed Damage: Claims must be made within 72 HOURS OF PRODUCT DELIVERY. Claims must then be made by email to CloseoutKitchens.com by sending info regarding the pieces damaged and pictures showing the damage.
Small cabinet orders:
The cabinets will be packaged unassembled in individual boxes shipped via UPS. The cabinets can be shipped to businesses with or without a loading dock, residences, and construction sites. If there are any problems concerning the delivery please contact us as soon as possible. All shipments should be thoroughly inspected for damage by the buyer or the buyer's designated recipient. The buyer is responsible for all damage that occurs following receipt of the shipment.
All orders not containing cabinets will be shipped via UPS to the shipping address noted on the order. If there are any problems concerning the delivery please contact us as soon as possible. All shipments should be thoroughly inspected for damage by the buyer or the buyer's designated recipient. The buyer is responsible for all damage that occurs following receipt of the shipment.